Home > Old School Picture of the Week > Odd Fellows Building, 1895

Odd Fellows Building, 1895


Fort Wayne Reader


At the northeast corner of Calhoun and Wayne Streets once stood the magnificent Odd Fellows Building.

We’re guessing the Odd Fellows were a large fraternal club type of organization— popular back at the turn of the century. Notice the fourth story—two stories high, large enough for a ballroom.

The building, built in 1890 was torn down (of course) in 1948 to build the new G.C. Murphy store — later demolished to build the current building on that corner.

Most recently a Norwest Bank building, it now houses the Wells Fargo Bank downtown.

We wonder what they’ll build on the site when they tear the current building down?

Photo courtesy of Somewhere in Time Archives.

Be the first to rate this story!
1 2 3 4 5
FWR Archive | Contact Us | Advertise | Add Fort Wayne Reader news to your website |
©2018 Fort Wayne Reader. All rights Reserved.

©2018 Fort Wayne Reader. All rights Reserved.